On our second day in Fenghuang, Melissa and I went to check out the local cave... via moto! At least our liaison keeps calling it a moto. It looked more like a motorcycle to me. Melissa and I shared the moto ride, and believe you me, it sure was something! The entire time, I dangled my feet off the sides and dragged them along the ground to keep my flip-flops on my feet. Overall, the ride was pretty exhilarating!
Melissa poses in front of the entrance to the cave in the above photo. As you can see, there is a river going through the cave, which is cool. What you may not be able to see in the picture is that there were many falling leaves coming from above, which made for a scenic wait for the tour to begin. I asked if there was a toilet inside the cave, and Rock said, "Maybe you find a dark place." Nice. Turns out there was a toilet inside. So modern!
Now, I have to tell you before you see the rest of the pics; the lights throughout the cave are funkadelic, but the camera makes the lights look psychedelic. Prepare for a mind-blowing trip through... The Disco Cave!
Everyone straps on their roller skates, and I'm thinking, "Lets boogey over to the that rock chandelier," while The Bee Gees echoes in the background. I grab Melissa and we glide past the ancient Miao building, all lit up in ice blue. The guide tells us something about this cave being an ancient home to the Miao people, but we can't stop dancin'!
Whee! By this point, everyone's feelin' the beat. Just look at them go!
Melissa and I stop for a groovy glamour shot. What is the ceiling and what is the floor? I don't know!
We head upstairs to see some more craziness, and the ceiling starts to melt! Whoa! This is getting pretty weird, man!
Suddenly, a blue elephant appears! It's come to step on me!!!
AGHHHHH! A DRAGON!!
Oh no! Melissa tries to escape, as the cave shrinks all around us!
Finally, we get to the end of The Disco Cave. Melissa is completely bonkers at this point. She keeps on screaming something about a 'white deciduous forest' in the rock wall, as everyone roller-boogeys to the exit. As we near the light of the sun, some moron kills our buzz with a rambling guitar solo. Boooooo!
Cullen
3 comments:
So sorry for your loss, you gave her the most comfort you could.
Best blog entry EVER!!!
Cool cave. Beats Lost River Cavern by far. It's interesting that they don't have any compunctions about redecorating nature, if they think it will make it more attractive to tourists. It becomes less of a science experience and more of an entertainment.
Post a Comment