Cullen: I know that we haven't blogged in a while. So sorry. Me apologisey. We took one look at the results of our survey and came to the conclusion that we had nothing to say diary-wise. However, since we like blogging about our vacations so much, we thought we would take another trip! Okay, so maybe that wasn't the reason for the trip. Here goes...
Our school has been promising us that they would be holding a 'sports day' where we were expected to do a relay race, jump roping and a mystery basketball-type race. Needless to say, we were thrilled to be included in the events while the doctors have been telling us that we should avoid exercise while being treated for rabies. Thanks for caring, administration! Anyhoots, the events had been delayed a number of times due to the constant rainy weather we've been having here in Rong Jia Wan. They finally decided on a couple of non-rainy days last week, which was initially Wednesday and Thursday. We were then told with about 24 hours notice that the sports days would be Thursday and Friday. At last, a long weekend!!!! We pounced immediately and booked tickets to our travel destination.
Melissa: Okay, fine, I'll go along with this, but only because I am your devoted, loving partner, and you are logged in under my account, thus involuntarily putting my stamp at the bottom as the signature of this "conversation". So, after much hassle and several failed bookings on elong.com, we made it to Shenzhen, a Chinese port city only about an hour from Hong Kong, then crossed the border by bus. It was warm, sunny, and palm trees abounded as we made our way to our hotel, the Marco Polo Hong Kong.
Cullen: Okay, I just got back to the computer and Melissa is telling me it's my turn. Apparently, she does not like keeping you guys informed through a collaborative blogging effort. And yes folks, we are blog-arguing in real time.
Well, before we made it all the way down to Hong Kong (which is the coolest city I have ever visited, but more on that later) we had to clear up something. Our last rabies shots were supposed to be on Friday, so we had Rock take us down to the clinic at noon (the day we were to leave). Luckily, we were able to get these last shots. So now I don't have an excuse not to exercise. Rats.
What else happened before we left for Hong Kong? We got new teaching schedules, and I could not be more jealous of Melissa's schedule. She has a four day weekend. Every week! Four days!! And I only have a two day weekend! I'm jealous!
Melissa: Back to the live-blogging argument. Apparently, I do not have my own name-color. I just have boring old blue. Thanks, Cul, thanks for that. Anyway, yes, I have an awesome schedule, but Cullen also had a day off during the last schedule, so he can't complain for a few weeks when my days off have caught up to his. Well, I guess this is all we have to say for the time being until we can get some photos of the trip up, but I concur that Hong Kong was, in fact, the coolest, cleanest, dare I say prettiest city I have ever been to.
Cullen: THAT'S RIGHT. BASH THE BLUE. What did blue ever do to you? I think it's a nice shade... I'm just jealous that you have a long weekend. My day off was a Tuesday. Whoopiddy doo. I still had to plan a lesson for Monday, and now I have earlier classes on Monday. So, now I can't plan the lesson on Monday morning. I literally weep myself to sleep every night in fits of jealousy.
Melissa: Pitiful. For a year and a half I had to get to work earlier and leave hours later than him, and now he's nit-picking over the disbursement of endless free time.
Cullen: Touche. I lose. Anyways, a bunch of stuff happened, and I think we covered a lot of it.
3 comments:
So, did you manage to avoid the school exercise event by taking this vacation?
Nice blog bickering, too!
I believe the term is "blarguing", not to be confused with "blickering". Anyway, a nice photo-essay of Hong Kong would be appreciated! You can even leave out the essay part if you like. I'm glad you had fun!
this was my favorite blog ever. thank you for that
Post a Comment