On the second morning, I dragged Melissa out of bed at the ass-crack of 8:00am to take a stroll through Kowloon Park, which was located about two blocks away. The above photo is taken at the Southern edge of Kowloon Park.
Overall, the park is pretty nice, if on the small side (I think it's 6 square city blocks, or so). As shown from the above photo, there were a bunch of birds hanging out around the park. The birds that could get away, however, were penned up in an aviary.
This is a shot of the 'Chinese Garden' section of the park, which is where Kung Fu lessons were taking place for a group of youngsters.
It looked like Tai Chi was being practiced in large groups all over the park. Notice the strange statues around this group. I actually came to the park wanting to see people practicing something that rhymes with talon song (I won't write the actual name, because I don't want our blog to be blocked). I read that these people would be in the park during the morning hours from a book called Lost on Planet China. However, when I arrived, I realized that I wouldn't be able to recognize them if they slapped me in the face. Oh well.
Cullen
4 comments:
Lovely day there. What happened to Etta James? She came and went.
beautiful city, looks like a great trip!!
Very nice! Thanks for the pictures (!), but now that you've taken about a billion of them, you can probably leave the camera safely at home next time!
i heretofore submit my errata sheet: we woke up at 7:30 AM, not 8:00. that is all.
Post a Comment