Don' Be Afeared Tah Cahmmint!

The other day, Melissa and I finished our last classes and met up to walk the short distance back to our apartment, high-fiving the entire way...

As we neared our staircase, the barber moseyed on out of his barbershop with the incredible timing of a hawk intercepting its prey! He said, "deh deh!" or something like that, and he swiftly patted my junk again! As he did it, he had a sly smile on his face, so the gears in my noggin started to crank out a new idea... Just to test it out, I feigned like I would swat at his nuts, and he clenched up into a defensive position! We exchanged laughs and went about our business.

Later that day, the barber came up and knocked on our door to get the third floor apartment's key from us (he uses the washing machine up there, especially when it's cold out). I gave him the key, and he thanked me with a, "day day!" and a broad smile on his face. Suddenly, he went for a swat at my nuts, but I was quick to block his attempt. I followed up with a swat of my own, which he blocked with great ease. A stalemate!

So, I suppose that it's all just a big game that he plays with his friends (at least I hope so!), and I'm in on it. What have I learned? I'll try not to take things so seriously, and I'll always be on my guard around the barber!

Cullen

3 comments:

Evelyn Fischel said...

You are growing in wisdom, young sprout.

cocosampal said...

Must be like towel-snapping in the high school locker room ......... or maybe that isn't done anymore. Anyway, sounds like his way of getting to know you better, without either of you speaking the language of the other.

Gary Zwick said...

and this is why traveler's insurance was born...,