During the past few weeks in Rongjiawan, I started noticing some airplane noises in the middle of the day. Now, this is a little strange due to the fact that the RJW skies were conspicuously free of air traffic before Chinese New Year.
Just a few minutes ago, I heard the airplane noise again, and I looked out the window. I saw something grey and very fast streak across the sky. I could tell this was uncommon, as all the students playing in the field were gawking at it as well. When the sound almost disappeared, it started to get louder again, and I looked outside for a second time. To my amazement, the airplane came around for a second pass, as if it were circling the school! In all, it circled the school five times, which allowed me to take the above photo and the below video:
Our little Rongjiawan is growing up so fast! *tears*
Cullen
4 comments:
i happened to be teaching as the jet made it's rounds. my students could not be contained, and i have to admit i lost focus until it finally passed. what the deuce is going on??
yeah, i had class after i posted, and the fighter jet came around yet again. my students were in awe by the spectacle, as it is rare for even a single plane to fly overhead, let alone a series of low-altitude fly-bys from a fighter jet. crazy!
you know, ancient tribes used cryptic codes via hanging laundry, maybe you should reconsider...,-just saying
Maybe they want to let the folks in RJW know that they're protected. Is there an election coming up soon? (Just kidding). Presumably it's some military exercise that they can now better afford since the price of oil - and jet fuel - has dropped so much.
Post a Comment