During the cold, wet and mainly miserable months of the Hunanese winter, Melissa and I developed an exhaustingly boring pattern of behavior. Most of the time, we found ourselves desperate for a movie or television show to watch, because those activities did not require us to leave the loving embrace of our warm heat lamps. You see, the cold was a constant companion. It was always there to make us think twice about showering or to lengthen the amount of time for our clothing to dry. So, we sat, and we watched.
This whole routine became so tiresome that one night I decided that I would try my hand at entertainment! In a crazed frenzy of activity, I created a half-baked sock puppet production, entitled Love in the Time of Primates.
Meet the face of insanity...
I unfortunately didn't get to flesh out all of the back-stories behind the characters, but then again, what more can you expect from a sock-puppet production thrown together in ten minutes? It was a tragic tale of lust, false valor and wisdom among a cast of various primates, all of whom had my hands up their butts.
I'm glad to tell you that the weather has since improved and that the socks have returned to our feet.
4 comments:
glad you shared this burst of -uh productivity..., this is exactly why youtube was created, keep us posted on possible sequels- :)
True desperation.
Now Coco feels better about getting excited when he's offered green-and-brown cat food, instead of plain, brown cat food.
Hope you can amp up the excitement a little now that it's warming up.
Cullen, I'm curious about your header picture...is the guy's food cart on a motorcycle? What's with hot dogs and steamed corn, and where's the apple pie?
Love, Mom
You're right! Melissa and I were having lunch at a restaurant in Changsha when a motorcycle food cart came to a screeching halt outside of our window. He is indeed selling hot dogs on a stick (a snack food delicacy) and boiled corn while smoking a cigarette. Yum! Yum! We thought, 'How Chinese!' and took a picture. He was very suspicious looking, and nobody bought his crap. He moved on quickly after the photo.
Post a Comment