Chinese Haircuts

Sometimes your hair grows long and gets in the way of your personal style. Sometimes you're in China when this happens. Recently, Melissa and I experienced both of these. Melissa wanted to get a sweet new perm, and I just wanted to be understood (by the hair-cutter). So it was off to the hair-place!!! But not the one downstairs. Prob mean of us to neglect the barber, but fmeh... don't care.


I got my massage/haircut in Yueyang and I waited for Melissa... and waited... and waited... and waited... and [four hour time lapse] finally the hairist finished! Melissa's perm is super-cool! Hair-man used a little extra TLC on this one. Here's a shot of it:

Ain't she so sweet?!?!? I'm jealous. must... get... perm...

But I got a killer do myself! Wanna see?? It's soooo...

AWESOOOOOOOOOOOOME!!!! My students can't even handle my revived sense of personal style. I now feel like I can comfortably 'rock out' in class. It's like a bright, shiny star of spikes and hair gel.

Also, that is Ronjiawan out that window and not some classy window shade.

Cullen

5 comments:

janice said...

you are one styling dude! you both look fine.
j

cocosampal said...

Love the new DOOO's. Curous when the palm trees popped up in RJW. You guys must be having a warmer Spring than we are.

Cullen said...

Melissa's perm is still going strong, though she'd have us believe otherwise. Yes, it's true that our apartment is sitting poolside... Been thinking of installing a diving board on our window ledge.

Gary Zwick said...

further proof that you have to leave Cleveland to enjoy the full effects of global warming!! Great do's :)

Melissa said...

it's practically straight now, i tell you!