Rong Jia Won: Fine Dining

Eating out in Rong Jia Won is always an adventure, but the food here is always Hunanese. We have no alternative foods, not even other Chinese food styles. Boring, yet harsh on your stomach.

A lot of restaurants have statues of big dogs guarding their doors. I know what you must be thinking; "Aww, those Chinese love the little doggies" WRONG! They love to eat them! I thought that dog was a dish that was not served in this area, but apparently, dog is eaten in Rong Jia Won, too. If a restaurant has pictures or statues of dogs, they are served in that restaurant.

I was at a dinner last week for all of the Senior 1 teachers, and after the meal, Melissa told me that one of the dishes was dog. We were separated by some men, who wanted to drink with me (or force me to drink), but they failed to warn me about any of the shady dishes that were served. Melissa's table, on the other hand, was very courteous to her and told her all about what to avoid.

I don't think that I ate any of the dog, but I can't be too sure. I used to not eat any meat at restaurants as a prevention to consuming dog, but I started to eat pork, which is pretty easy to identify. Anyways, I hear that dog meat looks like beef, and some say that it tastes better than beef. Blah!!

Cullen

3 comments:

cocosampal said...

WOOF-WOOF. Bet they'll tell you that it tastes "just like chicken" just some people here say about eating alligator, snake, or groundhog. Hope you are both enjoying these "cullenairy" adventures. (Coco says, "VERRRY BAAAD" joke).

Evelyn Fischel said...

CoCo's a.m. pal made a funny one! CoCo would not be amused to hear about the doggies, however, because he thinks that furry creatures have rights, too. His rights primarily revolve around the delivery of ample quantities of food daily, hourly if he could get it.

Stifler said...

hi guys, i talked to a chinese woman in my lab, told her you are in hunan, she said food there is spicy...