Just in case you are living under a rock, China's milk supply was tainted by the plastic additive called melamine, which gives watered-down milk a more creamy consistency. I believe that the milk supply company named Sanlu is at fault. Apparently, they added this chemical to their milk to cut down on costs. Now, their company has 1.3 billion dissatisfied customers.

Melissa and I haven't been affected by the milk, and as further evidence, I give you the above expert witness, who says, "Blurp!" So, in case you were wondering, we're doing A-OK here in Hunan.
Cullen
2 comments:
I heard that Cadbury chocolate manufactured in China was contaminated, too. Anything with powdered milk or milk products should be treated with a big NO if not imported. Poor babies. Poor pets.
Indeed! I know that we consumed a bar of Cadbury chocolate and a brand of chocolate ice cream bar that was later shown to be tainted. Despite eating these, we're okay. There's a Hong Kong Food Safety Department website that tests milk products and posts the results. It seems as though most milk products are okay to consume now, but who knows...
Post a Comment