Petronas Towers: Another View

The last stop during our Spring Festival vacation was Kuala Lumpur. Malaysia was a pleasant surprise due in part to the fact that it was an unintended destination. We had to leave Thailand earlier than expected, so we decided to see a little bit of Malaysia instead of renewing our passports at the border and going back to Thailand. Besides, we'd just spent two weeks hanging out on a beach, so it was about time we crammed some culture into our vacation. In any case, I've mostly been letting our PICTURES tab speak for the vacation, but I just uncovered this video that I took while standing in the plaza outside of Suria KLCC & the Petronas Towers that gives another perspective to the photos.


According to Wikipedia, the Petronas Towers stand at a height of almost 1,500 ft. and are the tallest twin towers in the world. Much more than this, they are beautiful to behold, especially at night, when they light up the sky with their brilliant white highlights. Beneath the towers lies Suria KLCC, which houses a transportation hub and giant mall. We spent the good part of an afternoon walking around the mall to escape a torrential downpour. The above video was shot just after the rain stopped.

I'll probably start posting more about our vacation because I miss it so damn much. Prepare yourselves!

Cullen

2 comments:

janice said...

Neat photos of the towers!
I like your travelog.
Janice

Gary Zwick said...

Wo , that's amazing, be sure to post more!